Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thoughts on Earth Day 2010

Kill nothing but time



Leave nothing but footprints

Take nothing but pictures

***********

From the Bible:
Isaiah 55:8-9, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. 'As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts."

From William Shakespeare:
And this, our life, exempt from public haunt, finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks, sermons in stones, and good in everything.  

I hope you get to enjoy a patch of green somewhere today and breathe some fresh air too! 
Our planet is awesome, isn't it?!

8 comments:

see you there! said...

We are going to go for a walk on the beach of one of our favorite coves by the Bay. Our planet IS awesome and I'll stop to give thanks for that every few paces.

Darla

She'sSewPretty said...

I will probably have to enjoy earth day from inside. California, where it "never rains", is having a wet, wet spring. But, out my window are gorgeous flowers because they love all of the beautiful rain. Happy Earth Day Phyllis!

Mrs. Staggs said...

I'm truly in awe of nature, and find that my most peaceful and connected moments are always spent within it. I sometimes feel very sad at the thought of all that we destroy in the name of progress, and a dollar. I hope more folks will "wake up" before our children lose that which we have had the responsibility to protect for them.

xo
Lena

jojo-caramel said...

I like your pictures! I like your way of killing time next to the river! Just watching the reflects of the sun in the water. That is so beautiful! I wish you a very nice day on Earth! Happy Earth Day!

Cottage Way of Life said...

Gorgeous photos! Happy Earth Day!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I sat outside today and enjoyed all of God's beauty. I adore your new header almost as the one someone very special left for me!!!!!

Kathleen Grace said...

Spring is the perfect time for Earth day isn't it? Enjoy your spring weekend Phyllis!

Lea said...

I played in my garden all day long... Loved your photos and insights... our Creator gave us a beautiful EARTH to live in didn't He!!!