Thursday, April 29, 2010

*Finds*



Jack would love it :)
Our neighbor Jack, died a few months ago.
He was a voracious collector of nice antiques and his sale was anticipated around here by those who loved him. 

And loved antiques. 

(We) antique collectors fantasize that someday people will own our things and enjoy them (silly, I know!) 

I had an empty corner (imagine that...) which was the perfect spot to put the things I got at the sale. 
I smiled thinking Jack would approve at my display of his things. 
I suppose a lot of people did the same. 
There was enough in that house to make many neighbors happy! 
Photographing framed pictures is a challenge...I didn't get close-ups for you!
I spent $85 all together...how'd I do? 



10 comments:

Kathleen Grace said...

I think you did great Phyllis! The best part is that Jack is remembered by you whenever you see these things.

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

You've done Jack proud, I'm certain of it!

Blissitydoodah said...

Woops! Black candle holder is from Goodwill... $6 :)

Lea said...

Great momentos' of Jack.
:)
As CC Ramblin Rose said, you've Jack proud.

koralee said...

I love your arrangement...so artistic...Jack would of loved it...what a dear you are. xoxo

see you there! said...

The table is wonderful and I really like the various ways you've decorated it.

I think it honors Jack and his love of antiques.

Darla

jojo-caramel said...

It is beautiful and as you say, Jack would love it! Big Hugs xo

tea time and roses said...

You did great, and know Jack would most certainly approve.:o)

Enjoy a most beautiful weekend my friend.

Smiles....

Beverly

Monica@The White Bench said...

Lovely, lovely corner!
Many thanks for your sweet words too! I'm on the mend... ;))
Hugs,
Monicaxo.

Mrs. Staggs said...

That's my sort of decorating! Simple, yet it tells a story. I love vignettes like that. I love the hat especially. I think hats like that are so wonderful, and that one seems especially appropriate for Derby weekend.