Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Peace on Earth


Hello from our little spring break trip! 
Photo opportunities abound in and near this mountain cabin (top pic) where we are staying. 
Blogger friend Betsy  had blogged about this place and I promptly made reservations.
What a great decision! 
We are at Serenity Falls near Gatlinburg, Tn. 
We are avoiding restaurants and there is no cell phone signal.
Although we are not chewing on pine bark...we are back to nature and enjoyed a really long walk today. 
We came upon the old house above and it was real serendipity for me! 
I took waaay too many photos :) 
We brought our dvd projector and are about to watch some old family films on the wall and eat popcorn. 
I wish you were here! 





8 comments:

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

Phyllis - that sounds like SOOOOOO much fun! Wish my family would do something like that! I love the idea of the projector on the wall... and no cell phone... and that cabin is just AWESOME! Right on the water like that! WOW! Lucky girl you are!!! xo

jojo-caramel said...

Oh, it does look like a marvellous place!!! I love that little wood house near the water! Are you fishing there ? It's really beautiful and sounds so peaceful! The water seems to be freezing :) big hugs to you all!

Kathleen Grace said...

The best kind of vacation! Is that an old abandoned house you found? I have ALWAYS wanted to find one I could poke around in. In my imagination they are always filled with intersting things people left behind. Hope the rest of your vacation is wonderful:>)

see you there! said...

What a fairytale place to stay right on the water like that. Can't wait to see more of those pictures you mention.

Darla

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I know you are having a wonderful time....hugs...m...

Cottage Way of Life said...

The photos are really gorgeous (especially love that sepia-toned photo), hope you are having a wonderful time!

jojo-caramel said...

Happy Easter my friend! (I've send the Madeleine's mold from Paris :-P )

Merci-Notes said...

Oh MY! What a dream!
This is a great trip to bring family even closer and stay close and show what a REAL good time is! (beach is another :)
Happy Anniversary!!!!

Hugs,
Mary
p.s.
I am going to pass on your vacation spot!