Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Post Valentine's Day Post

 
Mail love is pouring in for my friend with the recent cancer diagnosis. I can't thank you all enough! 
I got comfort from these...I pray she does as well. She is not doing well with 3 fractures/tumors in her spine. Radiation starts this Thursday for her.
**************************************


First up we have a bookmark from Betsy that I love!  And a photo of the Eiffel Tower and a letter from Jo-jo so pretty :)



Oops!
How'd these slip in?
Two sweet Valentines from blog friends
Lea  and Tia  ...I LOVE THEM!

And the cards as well ;)







This wonderful handpainted Dogwood blossom came all the way from Italy! Monica you are so sweet. 
A little bird told me to lay off the sugar!  
But I listened to the angels instead... 
(more pie pics below...I don't understand the loading order of photos in this new blogger...and mine won't drag where I want them...)
So.
Back to the bookmark conversation! I guess you think I jump from one subject to another! Ha!
This is the bookmark sent from Tia (link above :) 
I think the back and front are both wonderful and that I could get married wearing this one! 

Sooo romantical :) 

Betty  is this Valentine for me? 
I love Fluffy Ruffles! This makes me think of you too :) 
Lena  always does an amazing artistic job on things. She sent two bookmarks so I could keep one :) 
I'm blown away by the weave in this heart! 
Thank you so much! Betty's bookmark is perfect for my friend.  Thanks everyone!!!

****
Time for dessert! 
I worked on my crust skills this week because Mr. Blissity requested a chocolate meringue pie for his Valentine. 
I'm happy with the way it looked...

Happier though with the filling :) 
And the meringue OHHHH! I should be whipped...
***
In the comments today... I want to hear your happy PIE memories...
I forgot to tell you...your breakfast memories were GREAT!!! I loved them all. 
My grandmother made chocolate meringue pie and I crammed it in my mouth without thinking of her amazing sacrifice. 
She was diabetic and couldn't have any. 
She never broke the diet rules. 

10 comments:

Together We Save said...

Playing for your friend.

The pie looks wonderful.

jojo-caramel said...

All my thoughts for your friend. All these bookmarks are so lovely!

Your Chocolate meringue pie... so difficult to resist :) Yummy!!!
I would like to taste your delicious pie :)

I've just watched Lindsey Vonn and Julia Mancuso at Vancouver OG, Wow! Magnificent!

PS- I have just the memory of my mother's Tarte Tatin :)))) La tarte aux pommes des sœurs Tatin (an upside down pie:)
http://www.meilleurduchef.com/cgi/mdc/l/fr/recettes/tarte_tatin_ill.html

Hugs xo

Kathleen Grace said...

Beautiful bookmarks Phyllis! I hope they bring joy to your friend:>) My pie memories? I learned to make pie crust from grandma when I was about 6! And after that, pie crust making was my job. I learned to do a fine flakey crust and my favorite to make is lemon meringue.

tea time and roses said...

Hello Dear Phyllis!

I am so sorry to hear of the diagnosis of your dear friend. I will remember her in my prayers.

I know she will most certainly enjoy all the pretty things made for her. There are so many thoughtful and wonderful people in blogland, some special folks for sure.

Oh my the pie looks absolutely delicious, and chocolate too!!:o) Yummy!! You take care my friend. Enjoy a beautiful rest of the week.

Smiles...

Beverly

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I think I will make my husband a chocolate pie before he goes to the doctors next week. I know she will love the bookmarks....m..

She'sSewPretty said...

the cupcake tag is for you Miss Blissity!! Pie memories...I don't think I have any. My hubby bought a chocolate pie the other night and it was just so-so. I think the guilt I was feeling for having a piece made it taste "not so good". Good for your grandma!!

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Hi Phyl, Glad you found the bookmark... I never did find it in my sent mail. Oh Well!!!!

You got some fabulous stuff from some very creative people.

Your chocolate meringue pice looks fabulous... My favorite pie to make is called Buttermilk Pie... It tastes like Chess Pie. Every had it????? Yum!!!!

My mom was an excellent cook. She made delicious Rhuberb Pies --and I have never been able to repeat that taste. SO delicious.
Hugs,
Betsy

Monica@The White Bench said...

Mmmm.... you ALWAYS make my mouth water! I MUST cancel your blog from my list, or I get fatter and fatter!!;)))) An old typewriter??? Hmmmmmmm, close enough! :)))))
Thinking of you and your friend,
Monicaxo

Lea said...

Your pie crust is beeautful. How do you do that? Mine come out of a box marked PILLSBURY. lol

Can I still make a bookmark or card? Send me the info...
Okay gonna go read about cake. lol

MERCEDES said...

Que maravilla yo quiero una para tomar con un cafe...tienes un blog muy bonito,saludos desde España-Andalucia-