Friday, February 5, 2010

Masculine and Feminine

Before we get to the topic...this is the scene from a window in our house last weekend!  It is rare that we get such a snow in Western Kentucky!  We really did enjoy it.  They are calling for an inch this weekend and I can't wait :)
Winter is wonderful for me!
Speaking of flea market finds...Oh, you weren't?  Well you usually do so I....anyway...it was payday today at our local flea market where I have a booth.  I had to walk around you know...for exercise and all ;) and ended up doing my part to support the place.
I love gentlemanly antiques and these bowties for a dollar each have charmed my socks off!  I want them framed and hanging in our boys' bathroom.  I have an old Munsingwear underwear ad that might go nicely :) Are you FELINE the love?
(my friend Cookie is to blame for any punning around I do...the girl can't stop and I guess it is contagious...maybe they will develop an innoculation before long...)
As for the feminine well!  These old photos don't disappoint, do they?  $8 bought this.
It is perched on a shelf...c'mon up and see it!
(I guess you will have to click to embiggen...bad blogger won't make the pic smaller)
********************************************************************

17 comments:

Household 6 said...

Hey! Your bowties framed is a really swell idear! You better take pictures when you complete it :) Some of us are pretty nosey, ya know.

Household 6 said...

OH... I forgot, I stuck your mail in the box today. Yay me. I beat my time-line.

Firefly Hill said...

Framing the bowties....what a great idea. Please let us see when you are done!

You asked about the beach in my pics...the top pic is NC and the others are St. John USVI. Wish I were there right now...sigh.

Have a great weekend Phyllis!!

jojo-caramel said...

What a wonderful idea to frame the bowties!!! Your beautiful cat seems to appreciate them as well ;) I absolutly want to see them when finished! It's an excellent idea!!! i love your view, it's beautiful!

Joli weekend plein de neige :) bisous

Cookie said...

Miss Blissity,

Yes! Stick with me and I will take you to a new depth of lows...

Go ahead, I can take the blame for your words...I've got really broad shoulders...

yuck-yuck-yuck
Cookie

Mrs. Staggs said...

I like the idea of framing the bowties too. I recently bought a funky old photograph of a Victorian man wearing a bowtie. He looks so nice. I once knew an older man who was a lawyer. He had a large collection of bowties that he wore to work. He was a very nice man, and everyone loved him.

hometown girl said...

those bowties are darling! love the idea to frame them! thank you for visiting, enjoy your weekend! susan

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I can remember when my Dad would wear those...m..

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Hi Phyl, How did your booth do???? Glad you helped the 'cause' --and bought the old photo and the bowties. Made me wonder if bowties will ever be popular again?????? My Daddy never wore them --but I certainly remember others who did... Neat idea to frame them and put them in the boys rooms.

We have a little more snow here this morning--just a dusting but pretty.
Hugs,
Betsy

see you there! said...

Yes, you and Cookie are punny girls. Very punny!

Good idea with the bowties and that old photo is swoon-able.

Darla

Kathleen Grace said...

Great idea to frame the bowties Phyllis! Why don't I ever come up with great ideas like that?
Love those photos too. Enjoy the snow!

Monica@The White Bench said...

Bowties framed in the boys' bathroom???? SOOO GORGEOUS an idea!!!!! Lovely antique photo too.
Monicaxo.

Tracey said...

Oooo you did get some great things!!! I went to a little mini flea market over the weekend - yeah!

:) T

Lea said...

CUTE bow ties! I love them. Hope you get a ton of snow this week!

She'sSewPretty said...

I hope you do frame those bowties and then show us the results. What a cute idea. I told my youngest that since he doesn't clean the bathroom, I was going to girlie it up. We'll see if that works!

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

LOVE your photo Phyllis! And the bowties are too sweet!!!

susan said...

Miss Blissity-
I am scrolling through your blog enjoying every post but had to comment on the bow tie framing idea! Did you do it? What a cute idea!