Saturday, February 20, 2010

Climbing

It was warm in Kentucky today! 
We went to our favorite high place :) 
Stagecoaches used to use this rock as a meeting place. Trading happened here. 
Although snow is still piled in places my boys were able to wear some short sleeves and shorts. 
Look at the view of the farm below!

Someone found a face in the rock and spray painted it in! 
There are years and years of graffiti all over the rock. 

See the road below and the snow next to it?
 It was 61 degrees F today! 
We saw 5 other people up there. They engaged us in a snowball fight :) 
We talked about how much more fun this was than playing video games. 
(which is what my boys probably would have been doing....)

One of my boys will be 16 on Monday! I'll call him the thinker because he is a straight A student :)  I slipped once on some ice and nearly went down into a cave! 
Next time I might have to do it on purpose...looked kind of interesting down there....maybe should bring a flashlight and a sandwich though...;)
Would you go in a cave with me? 

12 comments:

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Oh Wow.... I'm proud of you all for getting out today. That looks like a neat place. Where is it exactly???

Be careful out there though when there is some ice...

Great pictures. Enjoy your sons. They grow up MUCH too fast.
Hugs,
Betsy

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

If I were younger I would go in the cave with you. I have climbed that rock many times when I was younger. I had so many happy times there. You to looked so happy and pretty today...hugs...m.

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I just went to my blog. Thank-you so much!!!!

jojo-caramel said...

39,2° F for us, Lucky you!
I love your favorite high place too! Wonderful rocks! Clara would be mad there as she loves climbing!

Happy 16th to your nice thinker of Rodin !!!!!

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Penseur

I woudn't mind going in a cave with you, with enough food and drink :) we could bring some Champagne with us ;) with one of your marvellous meal! I wouldn't mind :)))

Big hugs my sweet friend :)

see you there! said...

No caves for me but I'd stand guard for you at the entrance. Isn't it great to get outdoors after being cooped up with winter weather?

Happy Birthday to your 16 year old!

Darla

Kathleen Grace said...

Glad you didn't fall! 61 degrees? Lucky duck! I will be so happy when it hits 61 here. Won't be long now!

Roses and Lilacs said...

Good morning. I was looking back thru comments on my older posts and came across yours which I hadn't seen. Have I tried the popcorn with M&M? Not yet. I haven't make popcorn in ages BUT, I do have a bag of M&M's ready:)


Too bad about the spray painting. It's hard to look at a natural landmark and imagine what it was like hundreds of years ago if it is covered in graffiti.
Marnie

She'sSewPretty said...

Happy Birthday to your oldest son!! Do I see driving lessons in someone's futute? It looks like you all had fun this weekend. My son stayed inside and played video games. It was raining. That's our excuse anyway. LOL You won't find me in any caves, but my hubby and son would love to go with you!

Lea said...

I'ts in the middle of the night and I'm wide awake. Just finished mopping my floors. Crazy huh?
I'd go in the cave with ya and would bring peanut butter and jelly SAMICHES too. How bout it?
I like bliss rock, but like the graffiti rocks better. lol
HOpe Shelton had a grrreat birthday. I think you should ENLARGE that THINKER picture and hang it in your house. WAYCOOL....
Well, I am gonna go dust since I have insomnia. May as well do something right? lol
Hope your havin sweet dreams.
L

*Chic Provence* said...

What a lovely day!! I really like your blog and am now following you..

Kit

Mrs. Staggs said...

Nope! I'm terribly claustrophobic.

Happy birthday to your "Thinker"!

Monica@The White Bench said...

Hi Phyllis,
I've never seen rocks covered in graffiti before!!!! Oh my :((
You look so pretty in that picture, nice hair ;)
Glad you liked my antique sewing machine too!
Hugs,
Monicaxo.