Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Two Post Day!

I know there's hardly a day that I'm not asking you my friends to do something! You hardly get any rest at all!
It's just that...I have a friend...and she is 35 years old...and it appears as if she will get her official diagnosis any day now of Multiple Myeloma...that is bone cancer.
She has a fractured spine with a tumor there. This has all come about rather quickly and I feel frustrated because we are many states apart. She has a two year old girl and a 7 year old boy and a wonderful husband.
What I thought I could do with your help is send encouragement she could read in the form of words/verses on bookmarks! It would be nice I thought to pull one out each day and read someone's sweet words.
The size I have posted I think will be about right. I may put them in a small decorated box.
Participants may email me, Phyllis...at pcovington270@bellsouth.net .
Oh how I thank you!
Now don't leave...read on about the excitement that is POSOLE :)
**********************************
******************************
***************************
Many of us have tons of snow on the way!!! Do you have your batteries, candles and matches and milk and chocolate for heavens sake?

7 comments:

Kathleen Grace said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friend. Count me in Phyllis, you have my email. Shall I just send it to you?

see you there! said...

Oh dear. Of course I'll send something for your friend. How sweet you are to do this for her.

Darla

jojo-caramel said...

Done :) Big Hugs

Household 6 said...

What a thoughtful gesture, yes I would make a bookmark! :) I believe I still have your address but I'll doublecheck.

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. I just sent you a bookmark I hope you can use. I used it to send to another friend once.

LOTS of snow and ICE here. Not going anywhere for a couple of days!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

She'sSewPretty said...

I would love to make a bookmark for your friend. Someone very close to me fought that battle and I remember how difficult some days were for her with all of the pain. I think I have your address somewhere but send me it anyway so I don't have to go hunt for it.

Mrs. Staggs said...

I too, am so sorry to hear about your friend Phyllis, and I would love to participate. I have your address, but it is there a time limit, that you are working towards? I may have missed it.

I'll hold a good thought for your friend.

xo
Lena